Julian Tan was a popular Chemistry tutor in Singapore who tutored countless of students for 18 years. As a Singapore Ministry of Education Teaching Scholar, Julian graduated from NUS and UCLA with 1st Class Honours in Chemistry. He taught in Raffles Institution (formerly known as Raffles Junior College) and was one of the pioneering teachers for the Year 5-6 Raffles Academy Chemistry.
Julian helmed co-ordinating positions for the Raffles H3 Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Chemistry Olympiad programmes and was a trainer for the International Chemistry Olympiad Team Singapore. He also held short teaching stints at Dunman High School, Saint Andrew’s Junior College and Serangoon Junior College. To pursue his passion for teaching and Chemistry, Julian set up Julian Chemistry to focus on providing the best-quality Chemistry tuition in Singapore to O Level, IP and A Level students. Julian understood the Singapore school system and could relate to the challenges faced by students of a wide-range of aptitudes.
Julian adopted a very hands-on approach with his students, seeing the route to academic success by inspiring them through their hearts. By being not too far removed in age and interests from many of his students, he could, therefore, relate to students on a personal and social level. Many of Julian’s former students have gone on to excel academically at top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford, UPenn, NUS and NTU. Most recently, Julian received the Terman Award (Most Inspirational Pre-College Teacher) by Stanford University in 2017.
- Students are encouraged to be on time as lessons will start punctually.
- Lessons will proceed as usual on public holidays, unless otherwise notified.
- Lessons are scheduled on a termly basis. In the unfortunate event that Julian Chemistry is unable to conduct a particular lesson, alternative arrangements will be made known as soon as possible.
- All students will receive the lesson materials (including notes, question pack) and video recording of each lesson. In the event of student absentee, the lesson fees are still chargeable.
- There will be no make-up classes or refund of school fees if the Julian Chemistry closes due to uncontrollable, unforeseen circumstances, such as the spread of contagious diseases (e.g. SARS).
- Upon successful registration, students’ fees will be locked in at the rate that they registered at throughout their stay with Julian Chemistry.
- There is no deposit and no further administrative or material fees.
- Collection of locked-in fees for the entire school term is done before the first lesson of the term. Please indicate [Student’s Name], [JC], [Level] at all times. Payment modes are:
- PayNow to UEN 201736538Z. Check that Payee is “ATOMS LEARNING HUB PTE. LTD.”
- Bank Transfer to OCBC Current 511-417222-001. Please send a screenshot of payment confirmation to Ms Cecilia Tan +65 9764 5929 via Whatsapp
- Cheque should be crossed and made payable to “ATOMS LEARNING HUB PTE. LTD.”
- School fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Receipts of payment will be issued via email.
Students can withdraw any time. Fees paid are non-refundable.
- Julian Chemistry will endeavour to ensure the safety of the student. However, Julian Chemistry accepts no liability whatsoever for any injury, loss or damage caused in the course of operations or whilst providing its services or be held responsible for any mishap.
- Julian Chemistry will not be held responsible for any valuables stolen or otherwise lost in the school premise.
- Julian Chemistry reserves all rights on the intellectual properties; no copying, reproduction and resale of any intellectual property is allowed.
- Julian Chemistry reserves the right to dismiss any student who caused disturbance to the class.
- Julian Chemistry has to be kept informed at all times of any changes in a student’s particulars, such as change in address, contact number etc.
- The personal information collected via the registration form is for the use of course registration, course survey, account servicing of course-related activities.
- Julian Chemistry will send relevant news and updates to parents and students.
- Julian Chemistry reserves all rights to photographs and videos taken during classes and may use these photographs and videos in its publicity and promotional activities.
- Julian Chemistry reserves all rights to amend or add new rules from time to time.